Friday, October 24, 2008

Mommy and the boys time!

Joel left us Wednesday afternoon, to rough it, until today.

What did I do with my boys? Well, the adventures began very shortly after Joel left! (I will have to post pictures later.)

Wednesday:
We made chocolate chip cookies and enjoyed them with some ice cold milk! Corbin ate tiny bites off of 4 of them...so I really got my share of cookies, being I couldn't let them get thrown away! He was eating the chocolate chips out of them and leaving the cookie part on the table! After cleaning up that mess, which Corbin was so willing to help me, we decided to continue cleaning! So, onto the entryway, kitchen floor, bathroom, load of laundry, living room, family room, load of laundry again, bedrooms and finally to the couch (to fold the laundry) we went! It was actually a really good time! Corbin really enjoys helping clean with his wipes...he cleans the dirt piles on the floor for me! Goofy kid! By then, it was time for some supper. Being Corbin is on a peanut butter and jelly toast kick...I decided I would make noodles for him (silly me). While he was eating in the kitchen, I was feeding Elias in the living room...then I heard a crash and some stomping...go to check on the situation and there was Corbin, dancing on his noodles! ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! So, I got to wash the kitchen floor again...noodles are sticky by the way! I got really ambitious after that and decided it was time to get Corbin off to bed...so by 8:45 Corbin was in his room sleeping! AMEN!!! But, that is where the evening gets interesting! Joel has "the touch" when it comes to getting Elias to sleep! Somehow it seems to work better for him than me...and Wednesday night proved that! We hung out until about 2 a.m.!

Thursday:
Elias was up bright and early at 6:30 and Corbin at 7! So, I got about 4 hours of sleep or so (after finally getting my teeth brushed, etc.). I prayed hard that the Lord would make my boys tired at the same time so I could get a nap! In the morning, we hung out, played, ate breakfast, watched Thomas the Tank Engine (6 episodes...roughly 1 hour), got ready for the day, painted some pictures, and then got lunch ready! Corbin surprised me and ate 4 helpings of shells and meat sauce! (Finally something other than pb&j!!!) Then I cleaned up the kitchen and living room quick before a lady from Right Track came to evaluate the boys. (They are developing at or above their age, except with Corbin's communication skills, which doesn't surprise us...he is better at talking than he was before, but it is still a challenge.) After she left, I was hoping both boys would fall asleep! But, God answers prayer on His time, not mine....so at 5 p.m. we all hit the pillow hard! All the way until 8 p.m. (not good, you would think...but it felt AMAZING)! A few girls from our church came by to play with/hold the boys! It was a break for my arms and my mind....so nice! And luckily...that is the night...we went to bed shortly afterward!

Friday:
So far, so good! We went and got groceries and the boys fell asleep in the car after going for a little drive around town. (Doesn't take long...I guess they were really tired!) And now, I sit in silence (aahhh) and write down every detail, so I remember that I can do this again...if Joel does this again! (We shall see, it was below freezing both nights! And with just a sleeping bag, you would think they would have ckickened out and come home! Something about being "macho" I guess!)

1 comment:

Leingang Family said...

There's never a dull moment, is there? :o) Glad to hear it wasn't too bad. Maybe now you can catch up on a little more sleep?