Friday, June 6, 2008

Exhaustingly Fun!

This week has been plump full! We are busy with Vacation Bible School at church! This year we are using the Outrigger Island material! It teaches 5 basic truths about God. We have been planning, setting up, preparing and this week we are watching the Lord work!

Four years ago, when Joel started pastoring here, we had around 35 kids for VBS! Last year, we prayed for 50 kids and were blessed with 52!!! And this year....we prayed for 70 kids! We thought we may be asking the unimaginable, until....68 kids showed up the first day! I can't tell you how excited (and nervous) we were! The first day is always a little chaotic, but the rest of the week so far has been great! All of the helpers have done a great job and we are ready to have the kids show off everything they have learned throughout the week tonight at our program!

This VBS material is amazing! I highly recommend it!


(I will post a bunch of pictures when we are all done.)

1 comment:

CJ Olson said...

Wow....I can't believe that you guys have been there for almost 4 years! Wow....that's crazy. I can't wait for pictures because I think are doing the same VBS. :-)