Monday, March 26, 2007

Early Birthday Gift!

Joel bought me a sewing machine for my birthday. I had never sewed with a sewing machine in my life....life skills wasn't ever mandatory when I was in high school. I went right to work and made myself a purse. Janice (my mom-in-law) helped me understand how to use a pattern and how to make the sewing machine work. (thanks Janice!!) It went pretty well though! I was surprised! It came out looking like a purse!
Here is Janice helping me do the corners...there's a fancy name for it, but I don't remember. I was even able to make another purse for a friend for her birthday! And hers turned out way better!

6 comments:

E AND H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E AND H said...

When is Joel's new tailored suit going to be done?

Emily said...

yeh right...he did ask me to make him a blanket though...we shall see!

E AND H said...

I've got some old boxers you could use for his blanket!

Dan and Christine Lawson said...

Sounds like you two had great birthday's! I am happy to hear that you are going to learn how to sew with a machine. Looks like some good bonding time with your Mom-in-law too!

Dan and Christine Lawson said...

Sounds like you two had great birthday's! I am happy to hear that you are going to learn how to sew with a machine. Looks like some good bonding time with your Mom-in-law too!