Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blessed


Applesauce from the apples in our backyard.

Apples for apple pie or crisp.
(Took me 3 hours to do only 2 bags.)
Rhubarb
Shredding Zucchini
Squash & Zucchini for stir fry
Raspberries
Relish
Green and Yellow Beans
Carrots and Green Beans
Pickles
(I also did sweet pickles for the fridge.)
Corn, lots and lots of corn!
Yes, my boys eat their broccoli...even without cheese!

My friend ("Stesisy" as Corbin calls her) has blessed us so much with all kinds of produce!
Tomatoes galore!



I have had so much fun learning how to can, blanch & freeze and different ways to eat all kinds of different foods! I will miss the canning & freezing parties!

Now, during winter, we will do our "cooking day" when we make up freezer meals in bulk. It is so fun to have someone who enjoys cooking and baking, and inspires me to do it, too!

I look forward to next year...

3 comments:

Party of Five said...

Good for you!! That's awesome and so healthy too! I'm very impressed!

Brooke said...

Whoa girl! You are stocked up!

Danny and Mandy said...

You might just be my hero. . . again. Way to go!