Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Fun Has Just Begun

I know it has been a while since I have blogged on a regular basis. This is proving to be a busy summer for us!
We had our Vacation Bible School the beginning of June. We had a good turn out and a very fun group of "ranch hands"! Our theme this year was Saddle Ridge Ranch...and we were even able to get a horse to come in and do horseback rides for one of the recreations times!!!
We had a couple of days to breath before heading to Convention. Joel was at Convention all of the days while the boys and I (Emily) spent some time with my family.
Elias turned 2 on the 26th of June!!! Poor kid hasn't had a party yet, but he did get an ice cream cake (pictured above) that he picked out!
Add several dental appointments, 2 weddings and a funeral...and a picnic here and there...
We spent a day with some friends, smoking brisket and pork for the youth fundraisers. We had a fun filled day smoking, hoeing weeds, grilling, and I got to milk a cow!!!
side note....I have learned how to make yogurt, butter, buttermilk and cheese from the fresh milk!!! And I am busy filling my freezer with rhubarb!!! Soon it will be canning season and I will be busy using my new canner!!! (can you sense my excitement???)
The youth had a concession stand at the Rugby fair...Mini Donuts, Beef Brisket, Fresh-cut Fries...worth every calorie!!! (My Dentist made sure to tell my that was her favorite stand!) The youth also sold concessions at the Derby in town. .......Oh and both were on the same weekend! Busy busy I tell you!!!


On the 4th, we spend the entire day outside! Elias enjoyed MANY marshmallows!!! Corbin had a friend over and we set up the pool!


Then we headed over to watch fireworks from a better spot then the middle of town! The boys wore their cute shirts from Gramma Janice! We made sure to eat lots of s'mores...and Eli just ate more marshmallows!

After the fireworks, a fire fighter came and asked us if we wanted a ride to the Fire Station...so we rode in the back of the fire truck across town...sirens and all!!!


The 8-10th we took the AFC youth group on a camping trip! We fished, swam, ate, played many different games, sang, and had campfires! Oh...and made sure to tell jokes...like the pink joke...and the word joke...just ask Joel...he will gladly tell you!!! :)
On the 11th, we had our church picnic in the park! Always a good time!
And now...we are on our two week vacation! We have decided that we are just going to enjoy the ride and do whatever sounds fun. We will see where we end up!





No comments: