Monday, July 12, 2010

Funnies

Corbin has been saying some pretty funny things lately!

While fishing last weekend, we brought the fish into the boat with the net and the fish was flopping around. Corbin looked at the boy who caught it and said, "I don't think he likes you."


Corbin and Elias were playing in the church nursery.
Corbin: "Can you hear me?"
Elias: "Uh uh."
Corbin: "Elias, can you hear me?!"
Elias: "Uh uh."
Corbin: "CAN YOU HEAR ME, ELIAS?"
Elias: "UH UH!!!"
Corbin was telling about how much he wanted a baby toy that looked like a combine. He wanted it so he could mow the grass. When I told him that it was a combine, he gave me a funny look and told me "Mowers are for grass. Combines are for food like wheat and corn." Mom: "What else does Grandpa grow in his fields that he combines?" Corbin: "Seaweed!" Mom: "You mean soybeans? Seaweed grows in water." Corbin: "You're silly, Mom!"
Corbin has an oppisites book. He loves to read it almost every night before bed! I point to the word and he "reads" it to me (figuring it out by the picture beside it). Last night, he decided he wanted to spell every word. So I said all the letters and he would repeat them to me. "t-o-p. b-o-t-t-o-m. r-i-g-h-t. l-e-f-t." etc.... After doing that for a few pages, he looked at me and told me he was too tired to do any more. He needed me to point to them and read them because he was too tired to think anymore.
We went for a bike ride and Corbin was set that he needed to ride his bike beside mine instead of riding in the bike trailer with Elias. Whenever we would get to the curb, he would tell me that he didn't want to go down the "bumpies" because he didn't want to get "stuckies".
And then there is Elias. He says a few words. He tries repeating them for a while and then gives up and just says "elellella". He loves to sing though. He can keep a tune too! He can hum Jesus Loves Me, Wheels on the Bus, Shoo Fly Shoo, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and a few others.... He will burst into song at any given moment...usually when it is quiet (like at church during prayer). It is fun to see his personality!
.....Being a mom is fun! The boys have such creative imaginations and are constantly coming up with funny things to say and do! I wish my brain could remember them all!....

No comments: