Saturday, February 7, 2009

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

Call me crazy...it's ok...I don't mind. I found this idea on a blog and decided that it would be fun to try. You take 1/4 cup popcorn kernels.

Place in paper bag and fold 3 times and rip and fold a little section to secure it.

Place in microwave on popcorn setting (no idea how long that is...probably the same as you would normal pop it for).
Take out and serve with butter or salt!

I made 2 batches for our family (we really like popcorn).


It's so easy and doesn't have the harmful butter that was found to be in bought microwave popcorn.

2 comments:

Leingang Family said...

That is so cool! I can't wait to try it! I forgot to notice, but can you reuse the bag?

Emily said...

Yes, you can reuse the bag. I would say probably about 5 times or so. Depending on if you toss the kernels in oil first. You can tell when you need a new bag.