Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1: bake cookies

Corbin and Elias were very excited to start the fun!
Corbin took out the card. Today we got to bake cookies!


Corbin had a very hard time waiting for Elias to wake up from nap! So as soon as Elias was awake, we were mixing up a batch of cookie dough!



Elias picked out a couple of cookie cutters while Corbin stirred.


Then they each got a spoonful of flour and a ball of dough.





And they each got to roll it out their own way.
(I should have shown them how to do it before I handed over the rolling pins!)




After cutting out the shapes they wanted, Corbin was scooping them onto the cookie sheet in no time!






And Elias just played with the dough and flour...and that is about all he did!







We ended up with 10 cookies! Yes, 10! Supposed to get 24.


They went straight from the table to the tub!!!
And the cookies were busy cooling off.



Time to FROST the cookies!
This was a VERY exciting moment for my boys!!!



My cookie...with the only frosting we had in the house (I was too lazy to make another mess by making frosting)!



This is how they ate the cookies....



...ONLY the frosting was touched!!!




And this is the very exhausted mom that will not do this alone again....without a plan!!!
Happy 1st of December!!!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I remember the times I would do something with the boys, only to be very exhaused, but the boys were happy. Thaas what they will remember!!!
Grandma Janice

CJ Olson said...

Way to go Emily!! I really like your Christmas Advent activities....I might just have to do this next year! I was just telling John that I need to do something fun and make a tradition.