Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Quilting


The quilt top is one step closer to being done! I put it all together this afternoon!

Now, just for the border!

And then for the next step...whatever that is...I seriously don't know. I haven't ever quilted before, so I should probably look into what I do with the quilt top after I have it together. Any ideas?

I am wondering if there is a good way of quilting it at home instead of hiring it done? I don't want to take the yarn route...but I also don't want to spend a fortune to have it done.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

You will need a backing....and the batting for the inside. Layer them together and baste them (I like to use safety pins). You can quilt it on your own machine by just stitching around the individual colored squares....very simple for a first quilt. :) I saw your "Quilting" title on Kari's blog....so I had to pop in and see. You are doing a great job. I am Heather Borowski's mom. :)

Danny and Mandy said...

You are my hero! Nice work! YOU ROCK!

Leingang Family said...

I am so glad I finally am able to see blogs. Let's hope it lasts...
Your quilt is gorgeous!!! You have to send me the pattern! Give the boys a big kiss from us and have a very wonderful and blessed Christmas!!!