Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Playdough, Pumpkins and Pancakes

The boys (especially Corbin) are very entertained by playdough!

And now for the pumpkins. I was given many pumpkins this year! A lot of them look like mush in my front yard, but a few of them were spared for baking! I also was able to get some for 25 cents a piece after Halloween! I baked up 6 so far and put them in 2 cup portions so I can use it for baking.
For lunch today we tried pumpkin pancakes! Yum!
This is the recipe I used:

2 cups flour
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ground allspice)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 can (2 cups) pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp vinegar

They take a little longer to cook than typical pancakes. Serve with warm syrup or whip cream sprinkled with nutmeg!

They were so good! Corbin ate 4!!!