Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Gardening 101

When I was a little girl, I spent a lot of summers in the garden with my grandparents! I always thought it was fun to get my feet into the freshly tilled soil, plant the little seeds, run between the rows, hide in the corn, and get out the ice cream bucket and shoe-string to put the berries in! That was the life! We are very blessed to have a couple in town that also enjoys gardening and happens to have a tiller! They are letting us plant in their garden and letting us water and weed, since they will be away for a little while.
We got some plants....and some seeds!
Don't worry, Corbin got in on the action too!
He dug up all the onion bulbs!
And then tried to eat them! Who knew that letting a boy play in dirt means a big mess??? He had dirt from his head to his toes....and EVERYWHERE in between!
It was a really fun day though! We really enjoyed the nice day and can't wait until we get to harvest the crops!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh fun! Being a farm girl I always wanted a garden, until I tried for a couple of years and didn't seem to have much luck! I'm blaming it on the rabbits and the soil! Maybe next year I'll try again!

Leingang Family said...

I wish we had a garden! Have fun!

CJ Olson said...

Yeah for your garden! We have a garden too.....but our has a bunch of cd's hanging around it to ward off the birds! :-)

Kari, RN said...

Hmmm... mixing a little boy and dirt makes a mess? What a surprise! My guess is soon you'll have a hose him down outside before he's allowed to enter the house! Looks like it's going to be a great garden! Can I come for dinner at harvest time?!